Sunday, July 4, 2010

When I went to Cancún this winter, they had some of these things

Today was a day for running. But post the three miles of loopage, I was done for. That was it. I wanted to crawl up and get back to sleep.

I of course had made arrangements with Spencer the night before to have our 7:30am breakfast, which I thoroughly enjoyed. What I enjoy about breakfasts are the long periods of time where I can be seated, watching both staff and campers hurry about their business. It's the only time of the day where I can afford to sit and think calmly. Also its one of the only times during the day where I feel I'm allowed to converse with performing arts staff.

Pub was a little slow. All our CITs were out on their annual out-of-camp trip and Emma had taken them. With very little direction and projects, there was not much to achieve. Lucky I got to hang with all the cool Pubbies who make my Buck's Rock day worth living.

The water at Buck's Rock stopped working at around 11am. The water tank broke and we were left without toilets, showers or means of cooking for 500 people. Dinner was a little haphazard, but nice. The water has since been repaired and rerouted.

Tonight, I performed in the Staff on Stage concert with four other people in an impromptu vocal ensemble. I felt a little down about it. We all still had our sheet music and didn't really have the proper amount of time to rehearse. I figured since The Arcadians pulled the same song together in a few hours, I could in a week. Oh well. It was cute but I was tired and missed most of my harmonies. And worst of all, the campers up the back heckled me for not having Barnaby on stage.

I left the show almost immediately. We are supposed to go to the local bar tonight as a staff but I definitely need allot of sleep. I'll be sad about missing out on the fun. The game is to guess who has a fake ID and who has a real ID. Have fun Buck's Rock Staff. Im off to the lea markets tomorrow morning at 6:30am.

Fruit of the Moment: The Thing with the Stuff and the Things

4 comments:

  1. Well, Beybaloo and I had went on a pilgrimage yesterday. I went out and he was all upset and pining for you. So we decided that we would go together and commune at some place that you and he had hung out together alot. I tried to convince him that my driveway was a perfect spot, but he wouldnt listen. He told me he wanted to go to a particular street in Kensington where you had taken him. When we got there, he asked me if i could kill some time while he sat, parked and thought about you. I thought it only decent to oblige him. I figured i could have a mosey about the shops nearby.

    And thats why i spent so much money at Peters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also
    Things that suck about Beybaloo
    1. Your Navman. I would have thrown it out the window if i thought i could get away with it.
    2. The stupid head rests in the back seat.
    3. the visibilty. I very nearly killed 2 pedestrians, because i couldnt see them.

    Things that are awesome about Beybaloo.
    1. everything else.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ah, so this is why my e-way account charged me $100 yesterday.

    Good to see a good time was had by all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It shouldnt have.
    I didnt take any toll roads.

    ReplyDelete