Thursday, July 8, 2010

Kiss me Kate? I mean; hello?!


The heatness that was hot of today was so hot that I am still heating in hotness.

I tried to eat like a sane adult today. This failed. By around 6pm at dinner time when, for the third night in a row there was no vegetarian option, I caved in and opted for like 5 slices of cake. The slices here are like the size of a $1 postage stamp. So it was like eating a normal piece of cake. I shit you not. Also the 4 bowls of fruit loops at 10pm snack did not help in any way.

The amazing Mickey Morris approved Pub's $4000 paper order this afternoon after we purged the shop last year of all our old paper stock ranging all the way back to the 70's. This year was always going to be an expensive paper year. But when I discovered we were 500 pages short of a full run of Black card for the Equus program, I had a sad. A very big sad. More sad than when the printer died in the ass today leaving the whole shop crippled. Crippled in 38 degree heat.

The moral of the story is that I did my research online and I found a company that could deliver the extra black paper needed by Tuesday. With a small appeal to Laura and Mickey, I had no more sad. I had happy. So I made the above artist's interpretation of what the program will look like.

Below is the file I am actually working with. For those of us playing at home, the pink lines represents the magenta plate while the black lines are the black plate. Both plates will be printed in silver using opposite edges for grips and bleeds to give the illusion of full bleed.

I was trying to use line drawings of horse heads to simulate a creepy brain/vein/tessellating motif.


This evening I was gaming up for more CATAN, but failed to start a game as everyone was too busy. After this, I did not has a sad because I has BLACK PAPER! Horay for Black Paper. Also, Drew is a dirty liar who wears pirate pants.

Fruit of the Moment: Gangsta

No comments:

Post a Comment