Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Why would my Grandparents send me a picture of my Aunt's rabbit?

My day just got better.

DOUBLE BOOKSTORE... WHAT DOES IT MEAN?!?!

We had Pub Trip 2010. An amazing idea by Leslie, The Pub Staff and CITs took around 40 campers around to 6 Connecticut bookstores. Visiting independent boutiques, Second hand places, book exchanges, rare books, chain stores and local venders. I managed to find a book at every stop. And it was a massive bus drive.

We even fit in Stew Leonard's for lunch, which is like David Jones food hall combined with Franklins Big Fresh.

I managed to eat so much sugar I was on a complete high for the remainder of the day. I feel I'm still riding the wave. Cookies and icing and milkshakes and all sorts of amazing awesomeness.

Tonight I performed THE GIVING TREE for Second Session Staff On Stage. I just read the book to the audience in the best way I know how. For those of you playing at home, The Giving Tree is about a tree that gives all it can give to one boy until it is a mere stump in the ground. Selfishly, the boy never gives anything back. I had prepared several layers of clothing to wear on stage and took one layer of clothing off whenever the tree gave away something selflessly. When the T-shirt came off, it was nice to hear a wolf whistle in the audience, but I am SO glad I had cunningly prepared a singlet underneath.

Fruit of the Moment: Cookie Dough Ice Cream

No comments:

Post a Comment