Monday, July 5, 2010

Despite What People Say About Naked Horses


5:30am was the time my alarm was set to ring. Fortunately, my very tiredness kept me asleep until 6:42am. Bob has asked I meet him at 6:45am for a trip to the flea markets and the whirlwind that followed my sleep-in woke my bunk buddy who, from the look of it had a very rough night out "bowling".

"Bowling" is the code term we camp councilors use for all-night-binge-drinking.

The flea markets were long. 7am through till 9:30am was a little overkill for me. I did manage to spend $19US. I bought doll house chairs for Emma and Marie, a Jerry McGuire Video for Clown shop, A GIANT oversized novelty children's puzzle and a new board game for PUB.

Pub was productive. We had our first program printed and approved. YAY for Josh. Who approved it. And YAY for Ian who printed it. We managed to go with chocolate brown and RUBINE RED! Rubine Red for those of us not playing at home is the same colour that plagued my every waking moment at GAZAL. I TOTALLY know what pantone colour it is now :)

More importantly, the very attractive and awesome Kenny took his car out for a Starbucks Coffee Run at around 3pm. I had decreed that 37 degrees warranted one less staff member in the shop.

After dinner I decided to avoid any involvement in the Diversity Day music performance, favoring open shop night for Pub. Apparently, the founder of Buck's Rock was an Austrian who fled Germany during the 2nd world war after being captured by the Gestapo for airing an anti Hitler radio show. He came to America and started Buck's Rock refusing to celebrate any nation pride holidays. Amazing man Ernst was.

Tomorrow I look forward to a) shaving and b) having time to wash my hair.

Fruit of the Moment: American Flag Rainbow Icing

2 comments: