Monday, July 12, 2010

Isn’t it exciting hurting yourself?

It is a great feeling to wake up in the morning and take a run that you’ve been missing out on for the last few days due to lack of sleep. It’s even more amazing to have a running buddy along for the journey. Maintenance Monkey Stephan offered to buddy it up this morning at snack last night. This is great for two reasons: a) He’s fast and actually kept me focused on my pace and b) he won the New Milford 8 last year. I would like to have added that he’s a slice of nice on the eyes but that’s merely a cosmetic bonus.

The day seemed to fly past. Being a Sunday, shops opened an hour later and I had signed up to go witness Sweeney Todd at Barrington Stages. It was labeled as an evening activity and I was told a 6pm time slot that was workable when I signed up. This morning I found out it was a 2pm departure and a 3 hour bus trip. Bob was the most awesome boss evah when he took into consideration how late I stayed up for the other night in letting me take the additional shop hours off. This was further rationalized as I have accumulative hour breaks that I never take.

Sweeney was however, not worth the 3 hour bus trip. A little messy in direction and Sweeney himself seemed to fixate on a perverted sexual lust for Mrs. Lovett. Which is, of course totally against the point. In anycase, the cast was tight and amazing.

This evening was a planned D&D session but upon arrival at Radio, I discovered Roger had cancelled it. Dejected, I managed to continue onto late night snack where the topic of conversation turned to sexual frustration at camp. Turns out there’s more than me in this boat. And as one guy put it: after 48 hours if you’re not paired off with anyone its two months of solitude.

The Pub Internet is once again failing me so; yay.

Fruit of the Moment: My Sugar

No comments:

Post a Comment