Thursday, July 15, 2010

That was me being max I hoped it worked


Today I started my RAW food diet. Nothing cooked for a week. I was more enthusiastic about this at 7am than 7pm, but whatever. Currently, I have a blueberry muffing calling to me from the Pub fridge. It is saying things like "I am delicious" and "why are you neglecting me?". I am staying strong to the diet and hope to feel better next Tuesday when this whole shebang is over.

To clear things up, the american summer camp food plan has not been agreeing with me. And much pain has been had so far. The weight gain side effect is in additional to this, but mostly it is my upset innards that have gotten me to the need for some cleansing.

Pub was mostly dull today. I got a few things done, but the internet was annoyingly down for most of the day. Above is a ROVE live inspired logo for the dance show.

Distractedly, I was looking forward to tonight's performance of EQUUS. While I definitely enjoyed CURIOUS SAVAGE more so, I have to admit the choice was ballsy. And the set was mind blowing. Even though when the stage split apart at half time and audiences were told to cram into the tiny space forcing around 20% of us to stand craning our necks in the back row. It was a beautiful 180 degree space. Brava.

The entrance of the characters screamed of VIEWPOINTS. I frigin' LOVE Viewpoints. But the acting method gradually wavered throughout the performance, which is a shame.

The EPICLY INFAMOUS "naked" scene was handled with skin coloured boxer shorts. Which is still pretty darn awkward. Especially when the actor was stripping onstage in silence. Props to the kid who did it. I mean, its not like a normal theatre where you never see the audience again. He's going to be at breakfast tomorrow. And the whole summer. I could never handle that sort of shit.

Most importantly however, Drew the Set designer loved my program design. Which was significant to me since I used his original sketches in its construction. I hope he and Cam and [insert others who put in over time] get the 12 hours sleep they deserve.

Fruit of the Moment: Iodized Table Salt

No comments:

Post a Comment