Wednesday, June 23, 2010

his own issues


When, this morning my computer refused to burn a Thirsty Merc CD, I was thrown into a fit of irrational flusteredness. Add to this a missing USB and leaving 30 minutes late for work without previously mentioned USB or CD and you have yourself the beginnings of an awful Monday.

The Monday-itis however started to clear when there was no traffic on the roads. It continued to clear when in getting to work, Clive (my computer) once again behaved himself.

The day became almost amazing when special guest star Mr Wednesday himself made an appearance in a new belt and a nice, crisp ironed business shirt as always. You could have knocked me down with a feather. It was like Wednesday, but on a Monday. As the climatic conclusion to our workplace interactions, he gave me a short friendly farewell hug. My sister asked if he smelt nice. I didn't notice. He felt oddly squishy tho.

Traffic on the way home was even better. BEST traffic day evah!

Louise and I stormed around the kitchen making a vegetable pie farewell feast for myself and Veronica and Auntie Maureen and Brendan.

Veronica sells Mary Kay products. And for some reason in the past week, I've felt the need to look after my skin a little better than doing nothing. So after an uncomfortable facial due to the chair being too high and a stiff neck on my behalf and an AMAZING hand massage, I purchased my first facial moisturiser and night time replenishing gel. What was beyond brilliant is getting the satin hands hand cream sample as a free gift!! SATIN HANDS!

Maureen, Veronica and I managed to talk about my lack of Boyfriend(s) while Louise and Brendan were with Link at his Puppy pre-school graduation. They gave me the same advice my Mother always gives me. And just like the allocated stereotype, It made more sense coming from someone other than my mother; The woman whom society tells me to oppose at every turn. Get out more. Do a course. Meet new people. Okay. Sounds like a plan. Oh wait, America. Bugger.

And what of the cork? Still plugged in that stubborn wine bottle. Rest assured if that incompetent waiter ever gets around to removing it while i'm not in Aussieland, i'll know within a matter of minutes. Or at least expect to.

My late night evening was spent baking my last batch of anything for the next three months. I made strawberry and vanilla daisy cupcakes and they look scrummy. The strawberry syrup I made from scratch is a little overwhelming and the left over sauce is in the fridge for Louise to find.

Thanks for being man enough to hug me goodbye Brendan. And I'll miss you Louise. Lots and Lots.

I ALSO FOUND MY USB on the floor of my room. Under my hiking shoes. The obvious place to look.

Fruit of the moment: smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment