Friday, June 18, 2010

Terri came up with that plan

Surprised at the Wonka factory gates being opened half an hour early this morning, I parked for the first time this week in the staff car-park. Generally, I have been making it early to work, mindful that I have a lot of shit to sort through before my last day on Tuesday next week.

The guy who replaced Phil the coffee dude is completely hopeless. Well, by my coffee standards anyway.

The Corkscrew Conundrum did not in fact feature as predominantly today. I easily (and understandably) grew bored at watching the waiter try to pull the cork out that I started wandering around the restaurant to find other things to muse on. Seriously didn't look back until 4pmish and he was still there; wine bottle unopened. So until the time the cork does escape the bottle, I'm quite content to let it stay there for as long as the waiter deems it fit to be.

I managed to have lunch with work buddy Linda at the french bakery down the road. My pumpkin salad was teeny tiny and I didn't even finish it. I'm eating so so much less food post Louise's Birthday cake. I find it similar to the time I ordered Pork Knuckle at Louise's 20th and decided then and there to be a vegetarian. The point is, sitting across from us were these gorgeous men out for a lunch date. How dare they flaunt how attractive they are in their casual friday blazers and David Jones wear?! They clearly had no intentions of asking me to lunch with them, which obviously means they thought I was unavailable. I can forgive them for being so rude this once because of their purdyness.

Later this evening Louise took me to the movies. It was one of those inbred brother sister dates. And we saw GET HIM TO THE GREEK. And it was illogical but funny. And Event Cinemas have gone overkill with the staff uniform makeover. Its the candy cane attire from HELL. If I were 15 again (urgh!? who could be 15 again?) and worked at Event Cinemas, It would be a very convincing factor in finding a new job. Its 70% ugly and 100% humiliating.

Fruit of the Moment: Caramelised Garlic

No comments:

Post a Comment