Wednesday, June 23, 2010

You eat cucumber?

As it turns out, I slept the entire way from LA to NY. And now I have the grotty hasn't-shaven-this-weekend beard.

I recall an American waking me up at one point to yell at me because my chair was in the recline position. I seem to recall, shifting the chair up without an argument and went back to sleep. I did manage to wake up on touchdown with the chair reclined back again without having been told by staff to put it up... So whatever.

I got me some change from a Starbucks employee who recommended the blueberry muffins and then, found a payphone to call Yael and Marion. Who had offered me their home.

Turns out, New York hotel prices for one night are astronomical. Seriously. It was going to cost around $400 US to book a room for one night. I found I had to swallow my pride of independence to phone a friend and stay at theirs.

A cab ride to Grand Central Station and a train ride to random suburb of Connecticut. (It ends with a 'dale' ?) Something anyhew.

Sleep will be welcoming.

Fruit of the Moment: You-leave-the-country-for-24-hours-and-there's-a-new-prime-minister

4 comments:

  1. You really have to stop looking at HOTELS and start looking at HOSTELS.

    Much cheaper.

    Orangedale?

    Teamugdale?

    Montecarlodale?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know where. because train people take your ticket off you.

    And the hostels were like $120 for the shitty ones. So, not point really.

    ReplyDelete