Monday, June 28, 2010

Peter Rabbit? Cameron Nadler.

Sleep is a very important thing. I decided that I needed sleep more than I needed exercise this morning. Turned out to be a good call as the day was filled with much physical straining on my behalf.

The famed annual team building workshop was today at Buck's Rock. We were split up into teams and told to do things like form a shortest to tallest line blindfolded, and fall backwards off tables. It was great. I got to COMPRESS THE ZIPPER once more.

This year however, instead of the rope swing, I tried to climb the diamond shaped ladder with very little success. I found considerably more success with the triangular tightrope course. There were 2 tightropes starting at the same tree, each heading outwards to a new tree forming about a 45 degree angle. You had to work with a partner by leaning on them as you both made your way across the tightrope. The distance between the two of you would increase with every step.

I managed to score Royce for my partner; the tallest man at camp. We got the furthest. Booyeah!

Worked a little on computer names and set up for the orientation booklet in Pub today. We got cracking on paper orders and such. What I like about Pub this year is having established relationships with Bob, Ian and Emma. All three work so incredibly differently to one another that its great to step back and appreciate it.

Not much accomplished but I was gearing up for Cutthroat Island.

Each year, the staff play a game which can only be described as an extremely violent version of Simon Says with a nautical theme (to celebrate all the team building we have accomplished). Last year I was the first person out. This year, I savagely clawed my way to fourth place. It was ruthless. I ended up trying to maul the guy who beat me to third. It was awesome.

Then came the staff party. The way staff parties work here are simple:
a) Get the bus
b) Get shit-faced
c) Dance
d) Get the bus home
e) Shag everyone in sight

The order of the above steps depend on which staff party you go to. For instance, steps e and d are reversed for the final staff night out. Or course, the drinks assist everyone in achieving all checkpoints. And some peeps are better than others at achieving all objectives but there you have it.

I managed to bounce for a solid hour on the dance floor, by which time my skin held an extra stratosphere of sweat. It was not pretty.

I came home on the early bus, which is uncommon for myself. But I did enjoy having the bathroom to myself for a calming shower before bed time.

Fruit of the Moment: McFimi

No comments:

Post a Comment