Friday, June 25, 2010

Are you SERIOUS? This is a PUBLIC ROAD!

The happy dance of happiness once again dances its awesome dance of joy.

A day of pure happiness. Joy, laughter, tears, surprise, amazement and other awesome emotions were at every turn and I kept on turning the corner.

Today, I entered Buck's Rock.

Today, I returned home.

Yael and Marion drove us to camp and I was on the verge of spontaneously combusting upon arrival. Mickey the camp director had to emerge from his office to see what all the jumping and screaming was about. He understood the commotion the second he saw me running towards him like a steam train that runs at it's boss.

I have a new room mate from England. His name is Michael. He is yet to replace Roomie Rob as the most awesome room mate that ever room mated with moi. But he's a high school teacher in textiles and cooking. He's like the first male Batik counsellor in like, forever. Thus, a Boytik.

Marion and I are committed to the anti late night snack community of dieters. We figure eating lucky charms at 11pm is a little over kill. So when we go to 11pm snack, instead of joining in with the sugar we will drink only tea. Tomorrow I'm buying supplies from WALL MART for a sticker chart. We will get a sticker on the chart every day we commit to the goal.

Mickey lead a whole staff meeting tonight, where he opened the microphone for people who wanted to describe what Buck's Rock was. I of course made a big fool of myself with a whole bundle of sentimental sentiments strung together. To be fair, when last year I found this creative utopia, I was forever transformed.

It was amazing to see everyone I loved from last year along with awesome new people to get to know, all condensed into the space of 2 hours.

And, there's quite a few new nice looking men walking around camp this year. And the shallow part of my brain got excited.

And as nice as Man Candy is, It 'aint really a top priority on this trip of mine. I doubt any bat for my team anyway.

I am unpacked. I am signed in. And Life is fabulous.

Fruit of the Moment: Veggy Tofu Jambalaya

No comments:

Post a Comment