Wednesday, June 16, 2010

I met someone

Sometimes life clicks.

Things work together is a simultaneous gathering of turning gears and system of pulleys.

One moment you can be told that you're worthless and a waste of space and the next you're breezing through tasks you once felt were unscalable.

Then that annoying curveball hits you in the head and reminds you why life is interesting.

This morning, with less than three hours sleep I was not prepared to go for my run. I was however more than equipped to consume 4 cookies for breakfast. This was followed in the afternoon by another slice of Louise's Birthday cake, and later in the evening a second helping.

Realising that essentially, I have returned to my previous weight in around about half the time it took to take off is a slightly discomforting thing. Its a hard issue to weight up. Food, especially sweet food is such a joyous celebration of life to me. I just cant have one cookie, it needs to be four. Is it no cookie or four cookies? I realised later this evening that essentially it doesn't matter. You may never look like Eamon Sullivan, but you will always be the same person. And you can't change who you are.

Work was a cinch today. So much achieved, especially since my upgrade from CS2 to CS4 (four days away from my last day but hey - better late than never)

I somehow found the energy and the time to fit my five miles in after pulling into the driveway at around 5:15pm. There was definitely more traffic on the evening road then there is at 4:30am, but apart from that I enjoyed the slightly warmer temperatures.

Tonight was all about the giggling Tuneil and her Vegetarian Pizza farewell feast for Kenney. Justin was there too and we pointed at him, laughing when none of his uni work was achieved. Noah was, as always vocal and too easily hyped up. I must remember to try a non hyped up hello hug next time. Dangling upside-down not such a good idea me thinks.

Fruit of the Moment: [censored for the general public]

No comments:

Post a Comment