Monday, June 21, 2010

Now that you've finished your "coffee"


These are the days that I been missing.
Give me the taste, give me the joy of summer wine.
These are the days that bring me meaning.
I feel the stillness of the sun, and I feel fine.

Today, some of the most important people in my life got together to send me off to America in the only way I know how: A Grand Day Out Picnicking at Minnamurra. Louise and Brendan, Tuniel and Noah, Aneesa and Seán, Leila and Glen, Justin, The Nundle* and me.

It was an epic meeting of friends, families and muppets with some of you seeing each other for the first time in like for evar!

It did not matter that we set out late. Nor did it matter that no one knew what the hell was going on. Around twenty phone calls later by my secretary Seán, a manly search and rescue for usb data and a amazing new moleskin from two amazing teenagers, we were headed towards our destination armed with a plan and gorgeous foodie delights.

It was a beautiful day. With beautiful people... Especially Uncle Justin ;) mind you Most-Photographed-Child-In-History-Noah came in a close second.

I got to eat the foods I love with the people I like and thats what made it amazing. And even though the Kiama Library was closed on a Sunday despite Google informing us otherwise; Leila and I still got some time together. Im going to miss you.

I'll miss you all.


My journey post picnic from Minnamurra up to Neutral Bay was spent rocking out to Thirst Merc's New album MOUSETRAP HEART. Best Buddy Brendan had his birthday bonanza at the FAT MONK, which was delicious but unfortunately disagreed with my stomach and decided to cause me much pain on the drive home and even now.

Morgan and her father were getting in the awkward turtle spirit and I was getting everyone else in on the pac man pound it and the Jelly fish high five (ask me how).

Thankfully the (expensive) coffee at the FAT MONK was acceptable. And Brendan's cup cake birthday cake plate was given the masculine touch of tiny motor cars on each cupcake (despite their pastel colours and flowery trims).

A B+ for HAY and an A+ for TODAY!

Fruit of the Moment: Caramelised Garlic Loaf
*Genevieve

No comments:

Post a Comment