Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Turn the light off when you go inside


Things for me are a little down and disappointing. Which is strange for someone who is about to embark on his triumphant return to Buck's Rock.

At first I thought it might have something to do with putting the relationship search on hold for three months. Then, I thought it may have something to do with the unopened cork.
Or possibly, could it be the anti climatic departure from the workforce into unemployment (all two days of it). I even mused over the lack of sleep i've been having thanks to the enormity of packing up my Aussie life. Maybe its because people are calling me superficial all of a sudden.

I have come to the conclusion it is because I have been forced, against my will into staying a little under 24 hours in New York. A city, which a year ago I would have been excited to visit i am now feeling no affinity. With its lonely over-populated masses and expensive hotels. Just about every New Yorker I know have already made it to camp (and) says the camp director; "The Inn is full!" Thus, New York I must stay over night.

Hense I'm a lttle down.

I kept falling asleep driving in the fog and bucketing rains to Wollongong after work. Im hopeless. I kept going regardless of my safety and the safety of others. My sense of judgement really needs tweaking in the twilight of my consciousness.

Leila had made me Love Pizza. It was made with so much love that it tasted amazing. With pumpkin and rocket and ricotta and olives and salsas and four different kinds of cheeses... so much deliciousness.

And in the middle of the 2nd farewell feast, Jonathan rings me up informing that Louise's 21st photos are online and feeling fine :) He was however beside himself with horror. Somehow some digital files were lost in transfer. So much so, that he drove around to Leila's just to hand over a brand spanking new DVD of all the high resolution files and apologise in person. And who could be mad at the amazing Jonathan? Awesome should be his middle name given that it's not already. Above is one of my favourite shots from the crazy booth.

Now all thats left to do is to edit out all the clothes I don't need for camp. Shall I take 5 or 7 vests?

Fruit of the Moment: horlicks

No comments:

Post a Comment