Friday, August 6, 2010

An all-nighter? No. I hate those.

Bob woke me up at 8am this morning when he switched on the Pub lights. I was irregularly perched on the Pub arm chair, having napped for an hour when the storm set in.

Wearing the same clothes two days in a row, I grabbed cereal and got cracking on the colour plates. I was to finnish plating and then, sleep. Only it took me until 11:30 to plate everything. While today wasn't as busy as yesterday, being over tired made working with campers taxing.

I tried to go to sleep at midday.

I woke up at 1pm and corrected myself.

I woke up again at 2pm and thought better to correct myself twice.

I was just having a generally blurred day where I was awake, but not awake. It was especially awesome when the brand new printer toner I opened last night started to streak. And to top it off, this evening Pub was running a mini carnival on the dining room porch called MINUTE TO WIN IT. I was in charge of the trivia in a minute. Get me out of here.

Miraculously, I made it through the day without any coffee. I even had my first rehearsal for BRUCE AND THE BEANSTALK at 11pm, which is the short group play I am "directing" (If you can call it directing, more like organising) for the Staff play.

And then, for the cherry: It seems everyone had forgotten Roberta's Birthday. Roberta, being our CIT who never interacts with anyone unless it is necessary. Even her guidance councilors had neglected to organise a cake. And I hear she had gone to bed crying. So, I stayed up for an extra hour decorating Pub with balloons and such with Emma in an effort to make up for it.

Fruit of the Moment: Kettlecorn

No comments:

Post a Comment