Tuesday, August 3, 2010

The compression is perfect

Good gosh. The amount of sleep as expressed in a percentage of coffee drank in millilitres can not explain the volume of awake that I am currently experiencing.

Having slept for a mere 3 hours last night, I felt the need for a morning coffee to be a vital part of my awake process. Sadly, even after the pleads and cries for help online, I was left stranded on an Island without the delicious black perky liquid I love so much.

It was not until 12pm, when Carson promised to bring back a coffee from town did I find a glimmer of hope. It was at this point I gave up and slept for 2 hours in the pub garden's hammock. Ironically upon awakening, there was no coffee when Carson returned.

I felt saddened by this. As I had office duty until 10:30pm that night. I went in search of actual coffee. With no success. It was only while I was on office duty that Kate from Video had gotten wind that I was in need of such a large serving of black coffee.

She not only went to Starbucks, but rang the office twice to double check that what she was getting was correct. It was a happy moment when she returned with a Venti Expresso. It was therefore a very sad moment when a camper making an announcement spilt the whole cup over the desk, floor and my computer.

Stil without coffee I ventured out for Marion's Birthday shenanigans. They were fun. And I got to flirt with all the straight boys. Kinda a fun night. At Barington's Bar.

Currently I'm sitting in the A frame (the name of sleeping quarters) happily typing away to alternative easy listening music along with sleeping Jake, Marion and Sean.

A few hours ago Jake successfully seduced me with a tour of the A frame bunks. And it was truly magical. The way in which the whole structure had been composed and organised was a breathtakingly romantic ideal of a tree house, nestled amongst woodlands. Ladders and round windows and hidden nooks and crannies were the most amazing thing I've seen this year.

Fruit of the Moment: Stubbornly Refused Fruit Smoothy

No comments:

Post a Comment