Sunday, August 8, 2010

A few weeks ago I would have said forget about him

Kenney woke up today expecting to be in his bed at Buck's Rock. He had forgotten that he had been driven to the most magical place second to none: New Jersey.

Amanda woke me up at midday because there was a "crisis" in Pub which needed my attention. This I quickly sorted and went on with my most fabulous American day to date in 2010.

Amanda's Mom welcomed me back and I was so chuffed she had vividly remembered me that I hugged her right there and then (with a little too much gusto for a man scantily clad in boxers and a wife beater).

The day was all about being pampered. Having table service. Being driven around. Relaxing in an Air Conditioned Mall. Shopping for stuff I don't need but want.

Amanda took me to a diner near her house and my meal that came out for under $10 included three giant over sized novelty plates stuffed with fruits and cheeses and toast and potatoes and maple syrup and nuts and cream and anything else you could possibly think of. I could not physically ever stomach all this food. But there was coffee. So much freaking coffee.

Content from an amazing diner breakfast (at like, lunchtime) we continued onto that most sacred of New Jersey icons: The Shopping Mall.

It was fabulous because there continued to be allot of coffee. Real COFFEE. And also, the best part of the day was going into stores and seeing how successfully I could flirt with the employees. Which, turned out to be amazingly easy given my accent. Everyone loved my shirt I was wearing, which turned out to be the I DON'T GIVE A SHIT tee I designed a while back. Anyhew, SO easy to flirt with everyone. In about 80% of stores we visited.

We managed our way back to Amanda's house for some R&R before a trip to TGI FRIDAYS for dinner and the trip back to Buck's Rock. FRIDAYS' menu was 100% meat. SO much meat. I ended up having a chicken dish, minus the chicken. My drink was comprised of blue sugar. I got through about 10% before passing out from an epileptic fit.

We arrived back at Buck's Rock before the 2nd Saturday Night bus had picked up the remaining staff members out for a night of drunken debauchery.

Thank you SO much Amanda for the most amazing day of the Summer.

Fruit of the Moment: Bean Fries

No comments:

Post a Comment