Sunday, August 22, 2010

Is the sunrise happening next?

Festival Day is the day of days here at Buck's Rock. The chance for the directors to show off to the parents with food, shops, music and performances in an attempt to entice parents to spend another $9,000 next year in returning.

It requires a Pub clean up in the morning followed by a single hour of Pub supervision during the day. Last year that included a trip to Three Brothers diner with the layout staff for cheesecake celebrating how fabulous we were. This year, I got to check out what was happening around festival instead. First session campers like Spencer and Brian and Matt came back after they had specifically said they weren't going to make it?!

Also, I got to burn all of Bob's photos to DVD.

During a moment of craziness, I decided that I would induct myself into the pit band for the festival musical Kiss Me, Kate. I found myself a costume and plonked myself down next to the 2nd Piano guy Johnny and Drum Kit man Jake. The entire show I drew doodles on a note pad and made a popping sound with my inex finger and the inside of my cheek at the conclusion of each song.

Additionally, in an even more epic move, I was driven to New Hampshire for a diner called Friendly Toast with a whole bunch of musos. That's like over 4 hours of driving from Connecticut! Leaving at midnight, we didn't arrive back at camp until 9:30am the next day. Thats a whole lotta driving with a whole lotta wackyness. My headache couldn't handle being overly wacky which was a little disappointing, because I probably would have enjoyed it. Sarah gave up her front car seat when it got real bad.

Also, Jon Loeb was priceless. Well done Mushed 2010.

Fruit of the Moment: Pumpkin Pancakes

No comments:

Post a Comment