Thursday, August 5, 2010

I high five you all this round


When Emma's first words were "what pages do we have ready for tomorrow's colour run?" I prepared myself for a very long day.

Pub was a whirlwind of intensity with yearbook editors scrambling to get their half page editorials completed. Interestingly enough, this prevented me from doing any work on new full colour pages during shop hours.

Rest hour was not for rest, but for a colour-run-lock-down. Actually, Emma and I listened to Couples Retreat in the background while I worked on a few Camper editorials and frustratingly worked my way through several Photoshop crashes while working on the Tribute Show program.

With the end of the day came the last D&D session for 2010. The campaign is finally over. With Roger leaving on Saturday, we managed to miraculously destroy the master Vampire and escape the gaol we were entombed in. Turns out, the magical stones we found on the way to the penitentiary were the key top killing the evil blood sucking vampires. My epic slide to pick up a fallen stone and press it against the master was amazingly cool, despite it only mortally wounding the master.

Vampires slain, it was time to face facts and prepare for a sleepless night of work and toil and general insanity. The night would have moved much faster had it not been for the hideous streaks coming from every toner in the shop. Swapping toner after toner and switching the printers back and forth until I was forced to open our last toner cartridge. It worked beautifully. For now.

It was here that I completed not only the camper photos, but the tribute program and the performing arts photos before hurricane epicness hit the camp and I was forced to turn everything off.

It was at this point that I discovered the front door to have glow in the dark paint splattered across it with the initials B.D. It seriously freaked me out. 7am came and I sat down having done as much as I could without a computer.

Fruit of the Moment: Double Pizza; what does it mean?!

No comments:

Post a Comment