Saturday, August 28, 2010

At least it's less than you expected


Greetings or as they say in Disney's Animal Kingdom: [Insert swahili word for greeting that I forgot].

Today was all about being spun out when the animals laying around the park were actually real. As in, not animatronic. Which is super creepy for Disney.

There I am posing for a camera in front of the Tree Of Life; a massive man made tree with animals carved into the trunk marking the centre of Disney's The Animal Kingdom.

Not much to report on this theme park folks. A pretty decent safari ride with a fair few animals in an open reserve, A few shows including Finding Nemo the Musical, Birds of Flight and Celebration of the Lion King. There was a decent roller-coaster traveling through the Himalayas, and a sweet Dinosaur ride. I had completed the park by 1pm. My best time yet, but not many attractions to check off.

Anyway, I had time to hang out at the hotel room before heading out to a vegetarian feast at one of the Animal Kingdom's deluxe resort restaurants; Sanaa. Turned out to be the best meal I've had at Disney so far, even though it was green beans and rice.

After dinner, I headed down to Pleasure Island at Downtown Disney to catch The Sorcerer's Apprentice and PIRANHA 3D as a double feature at the amc. Both were equally guilty of being deliciously terrible (like the peanut butter cookies I ate). PIRANHA had a decisively higher amount of full frontal lesbian nudity however (unlike the PB cookies).

Fruit of the Moment: Snickerdoodle

No comments:

Post a Comment