Friday, August 27, 2010

Where's your grandmother?

Exhausted and alone, no one made me wake up before 12:40pm. Which is what I did.

Today's enchanted day at Disneyworld had me doing the laundry.

I also (after waiting 50 minutes for a every-20-minutes bus service) traveled down to Downtown Disney; a shopping centre by the sea with a cinema and loads of restaurants. Trying to find a vegetarian option amongst them was difficult. I settled on an Irish Pub after finding out I couldn't use my Disney Pay-For-Everything card to see a movie at AMC. So, no Scott Pilgrim today.

I was looking forward to a meal not based around freedom fries and burgers. Imagine my surprise when the stuffed portobello mushroom dish turned out to be a vegetarian burger with fries. Vegetarian burgers and fries are the only thing here for vegetarians. And I'm not exaggerating. Yesterday, I talked to this woman from a Magic Kingdom Italian restaurant and she looked at me with a frustrated look that said "I know".

Long story short, when it came time to tip the waiter, I had no money on me. So, embarrassingly, I slinked out only having paid for the meal on my Disney Pay-For-Everything card.

Fruit of the Moment: Went-up-my-nose-banana-flavoured-ice-drink

No comments:

Post a Comment