Monday, August 2, 2010

blowing my mind tea lady

Well, it had reached that point in the morning where all things are silly and no things are serious and all blog posts do not make sense.

Today, I ran my first workshop of the summer. In the Pub garden, I gathered the troops together and collaborated on a Buck's Rock Board game. Part Catan, part Monopoly and part Cluedo, the game has you visiting different shops to collect things and ultimately become the director of the camp!

It was a great workshop. The kids were creative as all heck.

Lunch went pretty much without incident besides holding up Cameron McFee from his head of shop meeting. They even announced his name on the loud speaker. He ran off cursing his memory.

Dinner I feel was the highlight of my day. When I discovered that they were serving Vegetarian Nuggets; I went a little bonkers.

This evening in Pub, we played HOTELS. A very boring board game that went for 2 hours. I lost. I must warn you never to play this very complicated and boring game. It was boring. And very boring.

After this, was a REAL game of D&D at Radio with Rodger. Rodger, our DM is heading off home in 5 days. So we all want as much D&D time as possible. Tonight, we followed the glowey eye killers down more corridors until we found out they were vampires. Which is pretty epic. But not as epic as the explosion 500 meters from the Radio Shack in the woods from a gas bottle being too close to a red-neck's open fire. Seriously, the explosion shook the cabin. No one died, but the game was over at that point.

Just as well, I had Skyping with Sean to do. I kept him from doing homework and likewise he kept me from plating 9 CYAN plates. During the video call it was incredibly amusing how
a) australian he sounded and how b) ugly his hair was.

Fruit of the Moment: Celestial Dire Badger

No comments:

Post a Comment