Sunday, August 1, 2010

I don't know why, he just pulled right in

A day of random happenstance.

I got so much and yet so little done today that It felt like once again a complete waste of my time. I also had around 3 hours sleep last night.

This morning was rather depressing. My sore knee had prevented me from entering the New Milford 8; an 8 mile long annual running race that I had been training for since January. So I wasn't particularly hungry. Things got worse when there was no granola available. I really didn't care at all then, especially since it was outside lunch day (in which the vegetarians get shafted).

However, as I often do when I am sad or depressed or angry - I clean. Pub got a sweep over and all our new paper stock found its way up into the paper drawers above our heads as opposed to living on the floor for the past few weeks (in the boxes they were delivered in), preventing us from moving around the shop. Bob helped me get things ship shape. Emma complained that the paper was in the wrong order.

I once again took my hour off to participate in a clown show sketch with a group of campers. With an awful feeling of obligation, I once again listened to Griffin, the councilor in charge of the group recall stories from his life. I'm super hesitant in continuing just because it prevents me from doing a good job in Pub and its kind of creatively pointless.

Saturday afternoons are radio trivia time. Its a weekly event that I feel is great for shop morale and besides this, it is Ian's favourite event of the week! This year (as if to oppose Ian), Emma has scheduled all yearbook meetings at the same time as the radio quiz which she never does. I'm not too happy about this at all. This balance of keeping everyone from fighting about it is barely manageable each week. However, today Emma had also scheduled Marion in to film the shop for the dance video clip. (Each year, the video shop individually films every shop dancing to the same song and then cuts all the footage together.) So Marion turns up at 2:15 as well.

I took a stand. I actively did not participate in either trivia quiz, nor yearbook meeting. And I was astounded that Marion stuck around after being rudely told to wait 10 minutes when a) she was on time and b) she had another shop to be at in 10 minutes. I joined in the dance video.

My Big toe was freaking people out today. I found this hilarious for some reason (perhaps because I'm five). So I kept talking to people by raising the nail up and down like the mouth of a grotesque puppet... Whatever. I was bored.

This evening after a lame outside dinner in which there was close to a teaspoon of rice left for me, we had Staff Improv. It too was especially disappointing because instead of doing theatre sport acting based games, Sam had us continue the circle games from last week. Last week we had too many people to do acting games, so the night was spent in a circle. But tonight? We had 9 people in total. The fast thinking circle games sucked when we could have been doing real improvisation.

I had an early night as opposed to staff night out dancing.

Fruit of the Moment: Fruit Melody

No comments:

Post a Comment