Sunday, September 12, 2010

Four, no five year plan. Yeah.

This morning I stepped out into the sunshine and rebooted my daily exercise. It was a shock how difficult it was to run such a short distance. I managed to run for 3 miles before I had no more in me. My feet ached, my chest was sore and there were blisters somewhere on my toes.

This is what happens to someone who could comfortably run 8 miles after a 2 month break.

It's going to be fun, but I'll get back to those 8 mile Sundays.

In other news, its always fun to be a sponge. Which is what I'm going to be for the next three months. As I kept saying today when people asked why I was feeling stressed out; I was without three things:

A Home
Money and
A Job

Greg Jones asked if I at least had sex to compensate for the lack of the other three. He advised me to prioritise that before any other goal listed above. A truly wise man.

I joined the front of house staff for Rockdale Musical Society's Beauty and the Beast today. Basically, this meant a free ticket to the show in exchange of selling raffle tickets to strangers. Which I made a fairly awesome crack at. Most people gave me a fiver, only two giving a $2 coin. The show was lavish, but awful. It was Beauty and The Beast after all and no matter how good the performances are (and they were darn good too), the stage show stinks.

There, I ran into less familiar faces than I thought I would but still became reunited with people I hadn't seen since I cut my ties with Shire Music Theatre last September. More importantly, I discovered that Rockdale are producing Avenue Q next September. So, I met the new president of the society and vouched for my awesomeness as they most likely will be needing a director.

Meanwhile, i'm trying to put together a production team for my submission of A NEW BRAIN to the Arcadians tomorrow night. As of this moment, I have only a Producer on board. The MD and CHOREOGRAPHER elude me. Mainly because the Arcadians are not financially able to pay their production teams like the majority of Sydney Theatre Companies. Which leaves all my music contacts out. I would desperately love to give three young first timers a go at the production team seat. I fear the committee however would not approve of such philosophy.

Also it was awesome to have good coffee in Newtown this afternoon. I had forgotten what good coffee tasted like and had been for the past 3 days foolishly worshiping real coffee without taste due to it being simply that; real. Real good coffee has since put an end to this false worship. I also felt so embarrassed when I was unable to pay as the notes in my wallet were still American dollars despite having been in the country for 4 days now.

This evening I saw Ryan Kwanten in Dead Silence. Being in 98% of the film, he was pretty much responsible for focusing my attention span. I kept admiring how the clothes he wore fit his frame, highlighting that slim athletic build of his. Given my current state of mind it wasn't a stretch for me to think I'd never be able to look like that, given how old I currently am compared to the young actor. I found it comforting to discover after a little wiki-stalking that he was 4 years older than I am now when he made the film. Today, Ryan is 6 years older than me and looking mighty fine.

Fruit of the Moment: Pumpkin Soup

No comments:

Post a Comment