Thursday, September 2, 2010

I'd rather pay them than say, Telstra

Waking up JUST in time to rush around my hotel room in order to clear out for housekeeping, I neglected to shower this morning but chose to rush down to "breakfast" at midday.

There, I managed to watch Steamboat Willie on the dining room cinema screen while eating my rather unhealthy american collection of breakfast items i.e. muffin and yogurt (trust me on the unhealthy part; its shameless). Anyway, in watching the first ever Mickey Mouse 'Talkie' for the first time, I realised just how much of a bastard he really is. That is one enormous prick everyone is worshipping. Check it out.

So, the plan today was to make as many dining reservations as possible. Being on the Deluxe Dining Plan, I had 3 meal points and 2 snack points for every day I was booked into the park. I currently have 16 Deluxe Dining points left and only 7 occasions to use them in. So, I needed to find 7 restaurants that used 2 dining points (the swanky ones use 2 points instead of 1) for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I've accumulated so many points, because I've been skipping meals due to sleeping or running around eating snacks instead. (I have 4 snack points left)

Long story short, hotel reception was useless and couldn't find a single reservation save breakfast tomorrow. Having then telephoned "Dining Options" from my room, I spent half an hour with a woman sprinkling fairy-dust every time we checked to see if a reservation spot was open. The fairy-dust thing must have worked because I'm now set for the remainder of my trip.

Appart from that exhilarating activity, I saw Scott Pilgrim for the third time. And there's so much crazy shit going on in the background that Its worth another viewing incase I missed anything. This viewing I mainly noticed how awesome Young Neil was for all his background appearances.

Tonight, after my second night at Tony's restaurant (which sucked this time unfortunately) I found a good seat for the Wishes fireworks display with my Make-Up-For-The-Horrible-Meal-At-Tony's Frozen Latte.

Half way through, I started to cry. Don't ask me why; I found it as irrational then as I do now. Maybe it was due to my loneliness being amplified standing amongst a sea of people in the dark watching a fireworks display with the theme of 'dreams come true'. Maybe. But I'm not sure.

Fruit of the Moment: Sewer Water

No comments:

Post a Comment