Saturday, September 25, 2010

Sometimes, I wish i'd been a stripper

Saturday, and who really knows without a calendar? 2010.

A vibrant and powerful sun pierced my consciousness earlier than I would have liked this morning. The troubles with having a bedroom facing east is the wake up calls.

Not really knowing what to do when the main television was taken by dad watching old Ma & Pa Kettle movies; I stole my mother's laptop, updated her software, cleaned up the hard-drive and put a whole bunch of photos from Louise's 21st up there.

Then, with the hours I had left with my morning I made Leila some farewell-to-your-childhood baked goods. I had wanted to make Monte Carlos. But when I realised I don't really have any interest in fighting Pam for the Monte Carlo crown, I decided to try something along the same vein but different. My mother tested the misshapen biscuit of the batch. Her 20 minute passionate moaning that followed led me to believe the cookies were great.

Anyway, I had teenagers to meet up with. Having not seen Sean and Anessa since getting back 2 weeks ago, it was time for a coffee. Or so I thought. Maybe coffee was a mistake. Bondi Ben and Jerry's would have been a much better idea me thinks. The coffee at Mondo's was a little lame says I. Also, it probably would have made me feel better if Louise was there as well. Good thing she called and made me feel bad about it.

My NAVMAN decided when it was time, to take me on a circular tour of North Sydney before heading to Mosman. Making me 15 minutes late to the house and providing a short window of traveling time to Enopizzaria: the evening's restaurant.

Italian restaurants are pretty lameo for people with crazy low calorie diets such as myself. Pastas, Pizzas, Creams, Meats, Breads... all dripping in oil. Salad with dressing on the side was my choice. Surprisingly it was really tasty, just not cheese pizza.

The waiter was a bit of a prick tho. Our second waiter of the evening up the road for coffee at Maisy's 24hour Cafe redeemed the shitty first waiter with his veiny arms.

Leila, Gen and I stayed up all night with our doonas, overlooking the Mosman Bay ocean views. Also, we watched I Love You, Philip Morris.
Also, we talked about our husbands (my husband is my diet).

Fruit of the Moment: Braised Fig(s)

2 comments: