Friday, September 10, 2010

There are nothing in these, can you solve this?

Once again I find myself unsure and exposed to the elements.

Not really having a purpose to be alive, the next few months can go either way. The horrible truth about not having a job, not having a home and not having any money is that the freedom you derive from it is limited by your lack of means.

Today, instead of looking for a new job or a new home or cleaning things that needed cleaning, I watched television, ate a fair few biscuits that I had sworn against along with a decent sized chunk of fruit cake.

Last year, when I came home from America I fell into the pattern of sitting around all day upset eating cookie dough and custard. I said to myself that this was not happening this time around. And yet here I was, once again alone and eating things because I was bored. And not only were they full of sugar, but completely void of protein (something my diet has been distinctly lacking over the past 5 months due to my bakery/cookie binge that followed my diet and the lack of food available in America).

I had made arrangements with Leila that Glen would pick me up after school this afternoon and take me down to Wollongong to reunite me with my car and my phone. Sadly, this ended pretty poorly for Glen. Their car's gear box decided to drop and now the car is stuck in a permanent 4th
gear. Which means their planned weekend trip to central NSW tomorrow is shot to shit.

Leila ended up driving my car up after work, picking me up, finding Glen and then finding a restaurant to eat at. Sadly my obsession with eating things while bored prevented me from having an appetite or joining them. I was content however to drink coffee; something I know to be extraordinarily healthy.

An amazingly good time followed this. A little because I was in the company of people. Mainly because it was Leila and Glen. Also because I finally was amazed by her knitting machine.

Fruit of the Moment: Cherry Stone Fail

No comments:

Post a Comment