Friday, September 3, 2010

hey i'm not a slut... he wasn't a random


My last day of Disneyworld. Well, last full day anyway.

Today was to be a day of dining reservations. So much food, so little person. Not enough time.

We kickstart the day at Hollywood and Vine. An all you can eat (plus a whole chicken) breakfast buffet at Hollywood Studios. Only I was told it was in Epcot. So it was kinda embarrassing for me to rock up at Epcot for early admission and be told I was in the wrong theme park. More importantly, it was a great breakfast. Not because of the food mind you but because of my waitress Teresa who actually sat down at my table and staring talking with me. You know, like I wasn't alone in Disneyworld. Also, she made sure all the Little Einsteins characters who were greeting all the kiddies came over and meet me as well. It was super awesome.

So I go home after that and start packing. You know, because Im leaving tomorrow. I also had to do laundry, which I did between fitting everything into my bags again.

Lunch was at The Coral Reef Restaurant. Which was a giant fishbowl this time in Epcot for real. With a 67 year old giant turtle floating around. And a crazy mexican waiter named Art who would sneak up on you and whisper next to you in attempt to give you a shock. The food was amazing. Beyond amazing. The best food I had in Disney full-stop, period. Also, there was this mother daughter couple from Connecticut lunching next to me. I sent them Buck's Rock way for camp next year. They thought the camp sounded amazing (And cheap? So woah; cos, you know 9 grand is cheap apparently).

Finished packing after lunch and got to speak with buddy Justin over the internets. He was... rushed seeing as though it was morning and he was jutting off to work against his will.

Dinner was, (not surprisingly) awful in comparison to lunch and breakfast. I waited 40 minutes past my reservation to be seated and the food was meh at best. The 40 minute wait time wouldn't have been as bad if it applied to everyone. But walk-ins who arrived after I checked in got to go in before me. That freakin got my goat.

Anyhew, I finished Disney with Fantasmic! which, wasn't as good as I remember it being from Disneyland when I saw it there in 1995. But still pretty.

Tonight before showering, I noticed something entirely depressing. Remember how I was on a crazy diet for three months and lost all that weight? Well. Now, I found it again. And it's all back. I had that moment where I suddenly noticed it and It was sad. I have no one to blame but myself of course, with special thanks to:
  • out of control sugar craziness binge post diet (you know how in refusing sugar and butter for 3 months, I went insane and a tad overboard with the muffins when it was over?)
  • 2 months of shitty camp food
  • breaking my exercise cycle at camp when I stopped going to bed at night due to insane working conditions / twisted my knee due to lack of protein in said diet
  • having shitty, shitty DNA that makes it so incredibly hard to be anything other than pudgy without extreme efforts.
So yeah. I look forward to some more dieting upon return to Australia.

Fruit of the moment: Nopalitos

No comments:

Post a Comment