Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Im just sitting here because

What really is 26 hours of airtime? Can you say you experienced anything during those lost hours? The minutes you skipped forward in time? The seconds you lost due to sleep?

The flight today saw me through the first two volumes of the scott pilgrim series. In between volumes I really had to pee. Like one of those peeing emergencies. Painfully, even after 30 minutes of stable airtime, the seatbelt sign was still on. So, stupidly I awaited it to switch off, dutifully obeying the laws of the pilot. Fifteen minutes of agonising pain forced me to abandon all need for following rules and I leapt for the bathrooms; seatbelt sign or not.

After my near death experience, I started the first half of Mr Peanut by Adam Ross. Given there were no televisions on the connecting flight to LA, I had entertained myself pretty well.

After a jarring Australian accented welcome aboard the QANTAS flight that would take me home, I felt the need to switch my reading tactic to a movie affair. By take off, it was 4am orlando time (11pm LA time) and a struggle to stay awake for the brand new dinner served. SHREK 4 got me through dinner, but M Night Shyamalan's latest film couldn't sustain a second of my time.

In the "morning" there was time for DIARY OF A WHIMPY KID, a hideously awful tasting vegan meal and a few episodes of TALKIN' 'BOUT YOUR GENERATION. There, I escaped into a shameful fantasy involving myself and its gen-y host Josh Thomas. In said fantasy, there was lots of holding hands and cardigan wearing.

Needless to say, there was a touch down. Also, the plane landed Sydney time 7:15am.

Fruit of the Moment: Grilled Vegetable Flatbread

No comments:

Post a Comment