Monday, September 20, 2010

It was like BURNS!

Seeing as though I have all the time in the world to spare, it was uplifting to spend the majority of my day "discussing" the flaws of my existence with my mother.

I of course drew upon the time honoured literacy device of sarcasm in the construction of the statement above because it was neither uplifting, nor do I have time on my side.

Astonishingly, the issues I am debating within myself are the same observations raised in said discussion.

Once again, sarcasm was heavily used here as I am no longer astonished when my mother instinctively understands or appreciates my fears and anxieties, while I use the term discussion lightly.

Not surprisingly, issues with the continued diet and exercise regime plague me at every corner. The same knee I injured in New Milford is again causing enormous pain after a mere week of daily running. And everywhere I turn, my limited eating plan causes arguments or works against me.

Mum and I did the shopping down at the local IGA today. I also wrote a semi resume. Louise and Brendan came around for dinner and for the first time in history Dad didn't leave the table after dinner when we were talking nor did he complain about there being no meat in the meal. We later inducted our parents to CATAN, which was a lengthy process. Mum won because Louise cheated.

Fruit of the Moment: Maraschino cherry

No comments:

Post a Comment