Saturday, September 11, 2010

So, lets go through her shit

Its great to be waking up in Wollongong.

Since the end of Buck's Rock, I have not been sleeping well. It may be because I spent the last two weeks there sleeping less than 4 hours a day. Or not. In anycase, I now find it difficult to get to sleep and more importantly, find rest within said sleep. Even when sleeping for 9 or 10 hours, I'm awaking unrested. And this morning was no exception.

Coffee was provided by a swanky new cafe press of Leila's and it was coffeetastic. As their car would not be repaired until after the weekend, I drove Leila and Glen to pick up another car for driving towards their weekend-family-reunion-getaway thingy.

At home, I had time to watch Interview with a Vampire, which was basically a romantic gay romp between Tom Cruise and Brad Pitt. I also baked a batch of sugar cookies which I suspected were less than awesome, despite how amazingly solid the pre-bake cookie dough was. Louise said they were too floury. Which is a cookie fail in my book.

Meanwhile, I had a great pre-race warm up to my new diet which will take effect on Monday (lasting until my Birthday). Having consumed nothing but disgusting tasting crap in America, I now plan to reinstate the calorie controlled methods I gleaned from my last diet. I seemed pretty okay with my lack of excessive eating today. Just me and the nutrients I need without the massive quantities of addictive corn syrup. I'm sure the road will get bumpy soon.

Tonight, a great gang gathered gayly while grouped together at Tuneil's house. Aside from excessive use of alliteration, we had Thai food to celebrate the welcoming home of me. Which was awesome. I got to distribute some souvenirs and wish Noah a happy birthday. I especially had fun face-stalking with the uni gang. Also, I assume Brendan appreciated Noah chasing him around the house to play with his belt buckle. He was after all wearing a NES controller.

What was strange about today was that I was anxious all day. I was being irrational and stupid, but anxious none the less. On reflection, I needn't have been anxious at all. Funny how we can be worried about stupid things.

Fruit of the Moment: Invading Chicken

No comments:

Post a Comment