Thursday, September 9, 2010

I can't have two on my own

Customs this morning took it out of me.

My bags had apparently traveled around the turnstile and been shoved off in a confusing grab at the opposite end to where I had started waiting. Thus, I grew anxious for my bags that never turned up. Distressed they hadn't left LA as of yet, I called for the attention of the nearest person with a security badge. Thankfully on cue, a man with a 6 foot high pile of bags on a trolley came past with my bags secure on top of the pile.

Following this came a labyrinth of waiting in lines obviously put in place to prevent me from contact with my sister waiting on the other side.

Eventually, we were reunited and I spent the better part of my last three months driving around with someone to talk to. Eating at Indigo in Double Bay and Mondos in Campbelltown. Taking forever in determining where Tuneil worked and how to get there so as to surprise her. Playing with Link who had grown a mile long. And watching a movie Louise rented CASE 39 with a bowl of fruit salad.

Being exhausted is what I am right now. Dam Jet Lag.

Fruit of the Moment: Long Black

No comments:

Post a Comment