Saturday, March 6, 2010

100% yahtzee success rate


My 10am doctor's appointment, which I woke up early for today was pushed forward to 12:15pm and eventually took lace at 12:45pm. Bother. It pushed everything back like more than 2 hours. Lucky both arm got an injection of a dead deadly virus to upgrade my immune system.

Mum and Dad arrived back home. Well, rather at the station. Dad was rather snippish at me for being 10 minutes late to pick them up while mum was glad to see me (as I her).

It was always my intention to have a baking day today, and I ended up with the Crabapple Cupcake Cookbook's Alice in Wonderland Cupcakes. Couldn't you just nomnomnom that shit up? Coconut ice icing along with sweet vanilla cherry & coconut cupcakes. I hope the Spelling Bee guys will enjoy them tomorrow :)

I also made custard with the remaining egg yolks. It split. And mum rescued it. When she found out I wasn't going to eat the miracle she performed in bringing a split custard back to smooth perfection, I noticed a distinct disappointed look on her face.

My current diet is quite depressing when it comes from anything made out of a Nigella Lawson cookbook. Its also depresing when you go out to celebrate Morgans Birthday in Neutral Bay, and find that the 20 guests had ordered you the generic Indian banquette, that came with masses of deep-fried Indian vegetarian options.

I found myself physically ill from the thought of having to consume a ricotta pesto, or a potato curry, that I scarcely ate anything. (upon reflection, this is not a normal response to such delicious options)

Now, I wasn't going to cause a fuss at the bill. But. It seemed that instead of paying for drinks separately, everyone had "agreed" to share the price of the liberal amount of empty alcoholic bottles on the table. Resulting in a $45 share per person. Including myself. Who ate and drank nothing. *sigh* Lucky Ben was there to pitch in an extra $10 for me as my wallet did not have enough to cover it and he had noticed how little I had consumed... Dearest 7 chickpeas I've ever had in my life.

Fruit of the moment: Linen Fresh

2 comments:

  1. Your rental bond just went up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I assume the payment of delicious copha-less cupcakes were sufficient?

    ReplyDelete