Friday, March 19, 2010

11:45? Do you mind if Adam comes?

SAMPLE SALE!

There is something deliciously satisfying about fitting into sample sale clothing. Currently, I am test driving my new Davenport wife beater and Davatron print shorts. Although, for a wife beater, its pretty gay (as Leila pointed out).

Tonight was the fourth performance of Spelling Bee.

I was so excited. I had my pasta dinner all pre-cooked from last night to eat before the show. And all my clothes had been washed and ironed by Christine, who was the costume orchestrator/coordinator/woman/person. I mean I have NEVER been treated so beautifully like that. There's allot of good will floating around the Arcadians. I hope to pay if forward.

My performance, which began with a triple shot of coffee began with an unexpected face/body slam to the floor when I fell over the trophy stand onstage. Usually, i leap frog over it. Tonight however with gusto, I half leaped half Jettéd across the stage, lost my balance mid air and landed on my face inches away from an audience member. People thought it was part of the show. I am that professional people.

I felt I performed at around 60% capacity this evening. My singing depressed me to no end. I had been practicing all day. The attempt at stifling the flu had not completely succeeded it seemed. I'm just so bogged down with worry that someone will be in the audience saying to themselves "Why did they cast THAT no hoper? I could do better in my sleep."

Meanwhile, my worry was met with so much reassurance, I felt like a spoiled child being calmed by his mother. Yes, I will get you the second ice-cream. Yes, you're AMAZING tonight...

Thanks to Uncle Justin and Tuneil for supporting me tonight. Coffee in the gong was fabulous. And HUZAH for creepy dating :)

Fruit of the Moment: -3KG

No comments:

Post a Comment