Tuesday, March 23, 2010

the record is 6 inches


Mum, Dad and I sat down to our first dinner of the year around the dinner table. It has taken us a while, but we got there. In celebration and anticipation I made a (delicious apparently) sweetened condensed milk sponge cake for desert.

For the Main course, I splurged on a pineapple stir-fry with asparagus, softened onions, garlic and soy with a few cherry tomatoes. I did not of course enjoy the dessert course, as I would not possibly have the discipline to stop once its course had run. Especially since its sweetened condensed milk. Theres nothing better than a spoon and a can of those tasty little bastards.

I had suggested a game after diner, but the idea fell through. Oh well... baby steps.

Currently both parents are infuriating me as I try and finish this and go to bed. How fucking hard is it to attach a photo to an email? They are at me with questions about buttons and windows and emails and cameras and they have the TV BLARING in the background, both not paying a smidgen of attention. They are STILL bickering over emails. I just want this to end. And now it is.

Fruit of the Moment: Homebrand Wholegrain Mustard

2 comments:

  1. Actually, I *wrote* it.

    Also, it *was* infuriating, (while i was there). Now, i am at peace with the issue.

    ReplyDelete