Monday, March 22, 2010

I am grieving -- You may laugh.

This morning I got a mysterious text:

"Hi kenney amy here tonight sounds great not sure whats the rest of the fam are doing yet or where we could meet i have to check with them just wanted tm make sure your stil ok for 2nite ?"

err... wtf?

Who is this Amy? How does she have my number? WHY did we make plans?!

You have to appreciate how early I received this message. It was around 6am. I have no bloody idea who or what this is about. I'm completely blank.

Nothing in my diary, No one I know named Amy, in desperation I called the number. A deep voice answered in message bank. A deep Irish male voice. It seemed to say "you better fuckin' not leave a message or I'll pound yer head in"

Not surprisingly, I hung up.

A while later, I get a phone call from another number. It's the mysterious Amy, very excited to be talking to me and inquisitive if we're still meeting.

By this time I realize what a horrible human person thingy I am for forgetting whoever I had made plans with. But I still had to ask who it was.

And BINGO! It was Extraordinary Camper Amy from Buck's Rock. Amy of the Pub. Amy who messaged me on facebook saying her family were visiting Australia from Ireland in March. The same Amy I told to ring me when she got here to make plans for dinner.

Mystery solved, she had called to cancel because the family had other plans.

I feel pretty rotten for forgetting. But i put it down to two things:

a) the message on facebook was like 3 weeks ago

and

b) she didn't ring me. Amy txt my phone at like 6am. (Thanks to jet lagging time zones nightmare flights from Ireland)

Hope she is not too mad I had forgotten.

Tonight, to celebrate I watched COLLATERAL starring Tom Cruise with Ugly Hair and Jamie Fox with no hair at all. It was a gift from Bridgette's partner for Christmas that I hadn't had an opportunity to watch until tonight. Good film. Awesome gift.

Fruit of the Moment: Brown Banana Monkey Bake

No comments:

Post a Comment