Saturday, March 27, 2010

Sorry to miss it, but wollongong? Its freaking Wollongong!!!

Grieving over a show is very common thing for me to do.

I am very depressed at the death of my chook.

Today's final 2 performances of SPELLING BEE was an emotional roller-coaster. I had started the day late, but in place of going grocery shopping I played and lost an awesome game of Settlers of Catan. It was a great start to a gret day, despite the horrible losing on my behalf.

I did, in my flurry of getting to the theatre manage to go to the local Corrimal Coles. There, i managed to purchase $20 of groceries. (one of the only advantages of being on a diet coupled with being a vegetarian - heavily reduced grocery bills) But also splurged out on $80 worth of cheese, crackers, berries and double creams. This was intended to be a 'Moving-On-Platter' for when we moved on from the theatre.

The shows turned out to be fabulous. I had a real awesome feel to all three shows this weekend. And its just as well, it was amazing to have been involved in such a positive experience. The high note was just mango butter cream icing on the cake.

AND, apart from the 2 large scabs forming on my left foot, the 2 floor burns on my elbows and the 30cm gash in my right leg, i walked away relatively unharmed from this show :)

Needles to say, thanks to an unannounced grandmother, we had no venue for the after-party. My Moving-On Cheese moved on back to Leilas in my cooler bag.

Also, when they brought out platters upon platters of food after bump out, it was very sad. I was like:

*sigh*
"my crazy diet prevents me from eating any of this"

4am is not a healthy time to be going to bed.

OH! and in an awesome moment of awesomeness, i discovered Tyson also shared my crazy cult love of the 1980's flick 'CLUE'

Fruit of the Moment: Non-Eating-Of-the-after-party-food-sadness

1 comment:

  1. CLUE is da bomb! I think I'm due for another viewing actually..

    ReplyDelete