Sunday, March 7, 2010

Thinking twice about Chocolate Nesquik

This morning I broke my first 5mile run. A mile, for those of us unfamiliar with the imperial system is around 1.6km. My early traversing around Raby was the prologue to a busy Sunday.

Theres something tranquil about an early morning run. Silently watching the world pass by, waking up with Laura Bell Bundy blaring in your earphones.

My sister's cruise was yet again delayed for another 24 hours which is just peachy for her. I meanwhile started preparations for next weekend's LOVESONG auditions. Sending out everyone's audition packs, it put me a little behind in packing for my Wollongong "holiday". 24 cupcakes installed in my car, along with an entourage of clothing, groceries and costumes I headed for Wollongong 40 minutes late.

Turns out I needed worry. I slotted into the opening number after announcing the arrival of the Alice Cupcakes. Which, to my satisfaction were received well. One guy ate two. If you knew how much sugar, butter and cream was in each cupcake, you would consider that an amazing achievement worthy of note here.

Currently, i'm watching Leila Knit her astoundingly rainbow mega scarf with underbelly season one playing in the background.

I managed to escape after 2 1/2 hours of set construction post rehearsal by simply walking away. Too many people told me I couldn't leave despite the fact that 5 other cast members had already left for the day. I've dealt with this sort of shit. I've done my time sitting around for hours fixing details on sets and props and lights. Now is the time for me to concentrate on important things like friends who are game enough to let you stay over for 4 days. Or my weekly food shopping to fuel my impossibly difficult-to-cater-for diet.

Soon it will be time for dinner. I am muchly muchly hungry.

Fruit of the Moment: Winter plum cake

No comments:

Post a Comment