Saturday, March 20, 2010

Does it matter that I'm Indian?

Sometimes days can be so deflating.

There were two spelling bee performances today, and while I got very little sleep and was awake at the crack of dawn on a saturday (7am)... I managed to get in some grocery shopping before heading over to Tyson's for North Gong Kiosk lunch with him and Nico.

Sadly, this did not eventuate and we ended up being attacked by a random hunry local who wanted us to buy him lunch. I managed to concentrate my anger on the over-packed carrot salad I acquired at fabulous sandwich (or somewhat something sandwich deli at crown street mall) and found the strength to jaywalk in-front of a cop shop.

The shows today in insane thirty something degree heat turned my microphone pack into a malfunctioning circuit board of badness. My costume got soaked with my excessive sweating and I found myself blacking out on stage in much the same way I black out while driving and tired, only from heat exhaustion. I even misjudged the fall off the bleachers tonight and really hurt my left foot. It bled and everything.

I don't think I even enjoyed the strawberries I had bought myself.

I have been told frankly that I am currently grumpy. Perhaps it is because no one was in the mood to party on after the show, and that I missed everyone leaving the theater?

Only time will tell.

I hope I regain the control of my shakey shakey vocals by tomorrow. Mum and Dad and Bridgette are coming. Leila has provided my with some tablet form vitamin C. They were delicious. I am trusting it to pull me outa the lull in health.

I really liked the cast's beach dinner tonight tho (between shows). Everyone tuckered into the local chicken shop's produce and I had my left over pasta dinner :) The burgers everyone had reminded me of Fergburger. Ah New Zealand, i miss thee.

Also, I had a mango yogurt tonight after the show. It was divine.

Fruit of the Moment: Apple Crumble Custard Lust

No comments:

Post a Comment